Monday, February 11, 2008

AGCD007 'Positive Mental Attitude'

To download or listen to 'Positive Mental Attitude', visit:

By accident, I fused music and spoken word together whilst surfing the net and decided to merge the two seperate recordings together to recreate the experience I had discovered. I have been a long-standing admirer of the ambient works of Stars Of The Lid, and when on their myspace page, I was listening to their track 'A Meaningful Moment'. Bear in mind this was playing in the background whilst I was surfing the net for 'Positive Mental Attitude' resources. I fell accross a Bill Fitzpatrick video where he speaks on the benefits of a positive attitude in life. I felt that the music really added meaning to this speech and I just had to capture the two together and preserve that moment.

Apart from a little extra reverb/chorus on both recordings, the original sounds remain pretty much intact. No additional production/sounds have been added. The actual quality of the recording has been lost slightly, but the main part of the message is there to be heard at least.
Please support both Stars Of The Lid and Bill Fitzpatrick if this recording has inspired you.

STARS OF THE LID:

BILL FITZPATRICK:
--------------------------------------------------
Special thanks to Will Kelly for help with capturing recordings...

No comments: